Virus fishing email attacks
Recently, fishing email attacks has been renewing continuously. All school faculty, teachers, and students, please stay alert!
Fishing emails uses “reply” to attack, as stated:
- Sender is someone you’ve contacted
- Subject title is the same
- Email shows “unable to show this message” when opened to lure recipients to press “click here to view message” (as image one). It will lead to a fraud school website. Uninformed recipients will then put in their account and password. They’ll make the next fishing attack with the stolen email account.
What should you do when received a fishing email?
- Ignore the email and notify the school email manager or information security personnel
- If put in account and password, change your password as soon as possible through the school website
- Update your computer anti-virus software regularly and scan the whole computer