As the internet is becoming increasingly popular, many of the in-school services also need to capitalize on the internet. Under the joint efforts of the various administrative units of the university, the C&INC develops an on-line version for the traditional application and enquiry procedures to increase work efficiency, expedite the dissemination of information, and reduce the load of manpower. As most network systems involve a person's privacy, users' identify has become a major issue. The account and password system adopted by the C&INC thus have become the most popular identification system within the university. Therefore, for your own benefit, you should apply for your account at the C&INC at your earliest convenience, and safeguard it so that in the future you may avail yourself of the various network resources provided by the university.
All NTU faculty, staff, students and alumni.
The types of accounts provided by the C&INC are as follows:
- Faculty and staff's official accounts: To be used by faculty and staff for matters related to the university's various affairs, and also as a tool of identification.
- Students' accounts: To be used by students for matters related to the University's various affairs, and also as a tool of identification.
- Units and Agencies' official accounts: To be used for matters related to the University's various affairs, and also as a tool of identification.
- Alumni's accounts: To be used by NTU alumni after they graduate. This type of account will facilitate NTU alumni to contact their alma mater.
Duration of the accounts
- Students: Even after they graduate, the students get to keep their accounts for their lifetime use.
- Faculty and Staff: Even after they retire, faculty and staff members get to keep their accounts for their lifetime use. But, their accounts will automatically be canceled after they resign or leave their posts.
Rules and procedures regarding account applications
- Students: Students don't need to apply, their individual accounts will be assigned to them when they enter the university.
- Faculty and Staff: (including chair professors, visiting scholars, post doctoral research fellows), these people should apply with their ID.
- Teaching assistants, contract employees: These people should apply with their job appointment contracts.
- *Please complete your application on line, and take the application form to the first floor of C&INC, and ask for the account processing room.
Change of password
Functions of your account
Your account shall allow you to receive important notices from the university, to receive and send out your personal e-mails, to produce your personal webpage, to have telephone dial-up service, to use as your proof of identity when you want to use the computer classrooms at C&INC, to download licensed softwares provided by the university, to access the asynchronous teaching system, to access the NTU official documents system, to access the suggestion/proposal zone of the University Council, to access the enquiry system for planned accounting, to access the enquiry system for payment of tuition and sundry expenses, to access the on line payment notice system of the Cashier's Department, and to access the message board of the C&INC.